Updating site content type failed infopath

Posted by / 01-Sep-2019 13:40

After doing some research on it I found basically this issue is due to inc in number of column promoted to library . when we publish Info Path forms with more than 30 column some time it take more than 30 sec(time taken for file to get copied into sharepoint site not the entire publish wizard) . MS have fixed this 30 sec hardcoded issue in SP2 of MS Office clients ( 2.and problem is here in infopath client process time out is hard-coded for 30 sec . If By any chance you cannot upgrade to SP2 then only solution for Is remove few promoted column till it publish successfully.It's actually 64 total of a combination of either data type.So we now have a new question: Does your Info Path form has more than 199 columns, or has your Info Path form surpassed the column type limit?I suspect there is something corrupt with the form library which is causing Designer related but I haven't ruled it out.Separately I've found that most form libraries with issues on publishing form templates, all seem to have multiple files in the library and many different files that are unlinked from the current template.The production environment has the column created from the powershell script.

You edit the template, save and attempt to publish again and receive the following message - "Updating Content Type Failed"I've done some researching on this and found a couple of issues.

This site collection should be dedicated to creating and publishing content types.

Content Type Publishing Hub allows Share Point administrators to have a central location where they can manage and publish content types from across all their Share Point web applications.

I’ve been struggling for a few days with issues related to Info Path 2007 publishing to Share Point. I had tried publishing to a document library, as a content type, trying to modify content types, etc.

I got a variety of error messages including “Updating the site content type failed”.

updating site content type failed infopath-33updating site content type failed infopath-47updating site content type failed infopath-75

This one was my favorite because there wasn’t anything in the content type that I asked Info Path to update.